Why should Valentine’s Day 2015 be different?
For some people, being single on Valentine’s Day is akin to spending the day in your own personal hell. You’re bombarded with images of happy couples and those stupid little-naked baby cupids. Every restaurant is booked full of couples either gazing lovingly at each other or at each other’s throats for messing something up that day.
How can you make sure this Valentine’s Day is different? Well, we have a few tactics for you.
- Ignore it completely. If you work from home or if your office isn’t one to acknowledge these types of holidays, this is pretty easy. Just go about your day as usual and pretend nothing is happening. Stay away from Facebook and Twitter.
- Take yourself on a low-key date. I know you’ve heard this before, and I know it still sounds crazy. Bear with me. Take yourself out to do something that no one else wants to do with you. Go see a movie that none of your friends want to see (the less romantic, the better). Hog all the popcorn.
- Have a spa night. If you’re into self-pampering, it’s a great night to stay in, avoid the crowds, and slap on a face mask. In the words of Missy Elliot, “If you a fly girl, get your nails done, get a pedicure, get your hair did.” Personally, I suggest picking up a sheet mask from Dr. Jart, some new nail polish, and/or a LUSH bath bomb. Before you ask, yes, men can also use face masks and bath bombs. Embrace it. If you know you can handle some alcohol tonight without turning into a sadsack, grab your favorite booze and enjoy some tunes in the tub. (Put on the TLC station on Pandora or whatever. Thank me later.)
- Organize a singles event. Call it the Single Mingle. This one is a little more involved, but if you’re a Type A social butterfly, you can pull it off. Invite your single friends, and ask them to invite their single friends. Even if no one hits it off, it’s nice to have plans on Valentine’s Day. If you’re going to a restaurant, though, be sure to book ahead and make sure you’re not limited to some outrageous prix fixe menu (unless that’s your thing, in which case, keep ballin’ my friend).
- Masturbate. You can romance yourself, or you can search out some awesome porn. There are probably a lot of great cam performers doing special Valentine’s Day shows, too. But what better night for a little self-love? If you’re interested in really upping your jack-off game, pick up some new toys. A prostate sex toy like any of Aneros’, the nJoy Pure Wand, or simply a new luxe vibrator are all great choices. Spend a little extra time seeing if any new techniques work for you.
- Bonus suggestion for the brave*: How does that saying go again… If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! Be brave, bold and a little bit daring, because it might just fill your evening with some laughs. Literally, sit down at table with a couple and start blasting out ‘Oh this is the night, what a beautiful night…’ from Disney’s Lady and the Tramp? Do you remember that one? Maybe they will look at you like you’re a freak, maybe not. You could make their night one they will never forget so just give it a go. (If you’re not the best singer, then don’t worry. It’s the thought that counts.)
* Special thanks to our Creative Director for providing this very creative suggestion.
Whatever you do this Valentine’s Day, we hope it’s great.